Senior Android Engineer (Kotlin) (m/f/d)
We’re looking for
… a Senior Android Engineer (Kotlin) (m/f/d) in Berlin who will join our international tech team as soon as possible in creating one of the fastest-growing companies in the heating market.
Germany must achieve its climate targets. To do so, the turnaround in the heating sector must succeed. That’s exactly what we’re working on as Germany’s largest heating installer.
Half start-up, half craft business, we have set a clear purpose for ourselves:
Together for climate neutral living.
Every family and every home can become climate-neutral. The key is to switch completely to green heating. Because heat is the biggest lever for saving millions of tons of CO₂ every year.
As the market leader with strong investors, we are ready for this unique task. With the strength of over 700 employees today, the experience of more than 30,000 installations, and the knowledge gained from nine years of development work, we are leading our country to climate-neutral living. House by house. 16 million times in Germany alone. For all of us.
Become part of our journey now!
What we offer
- Our work has a direct impact on the German energy market. Get actively involved in the energy transition and CO2 reduction
- Tech team is the backbone of the company as we are building our own solutions maintaining high code quality with 90% test coverage.
- Freedom to choose a language of your choice. Please have a look at our current stack at https://stackshare.io/thermondo/thermondo & we are not restricted to only this.
- Annual Educational/Conference Budget for training. Professional development opportunities and steep growth curve
- Device of your choice
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work in your home/mobile office up to 3 days a week
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 30 days of PTO annually
- Strong team culture with regular team events and off-sites
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to internationals
- Great working atmosphere in the spacious loft office with a rooftop right in Berlin Mitte
Our Android application is used by our Germany-wide workforce and is key to the digitization of the energy business. It’s an enterprise-grade application that connects to our backend services. The code base that was originally a native Java application now boasts a 75% Kotlin to Java ratio. Our main data store is Room.
Since our business is constantly growing and changing, new feature requests or requirements may emerge every day. As a result, we build software that is highly maintainable and scalable to satisfy those needs.
- You will work in a small interdisciplinary agile team, collaborating and driving the future of our products from day one.
- You will analyze our business needs and implement solutions while maintaining a high-quality standard.
- You will have the freedom to use any tools and resources to achieve your goals.
- We look forward to learning from your experiences and sharing ours with you. Feel free to share what you’ve done: git repositories, projects, StackOverflow, etc.
- You can find out more about our software engineering team at: thermondo.github.io by thermondo
- You have hands-on 5 + yrs of Kotlin experience with the native Android APIs
- You have a solid understanding of the S.O.L.I.D. principles of OOD
- You have experience with functional programming aspects used by RxJava or Kotlin coroutines
- You have a strong understanding of application architectures(MVVM/MVP/MVI/etc.)
- You have a foundation in unit testing (JUnit/Robolectric/etc.) and are hands-on with quality assurance and automated tests
- You have hands-on experience with automated tests & CI/CD platforms & experience building mobile REST-APIs
- You understand the difference between programming paradigms: Functional, Procedural, Object-oriented
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus
Nice to have:
- You have familiarity with Room and Firebase
- You have familiarity with ktor
You have continuous integration and delivery knowledge
Is this exactly the challenge you’re looking for? We look forward to getting to know you!
Eine Stellenanzeige von Thermondo GmbH
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte www.my-perfect-job.de.